- Volkswagen Transmission Issues
- Volkswagen Transmission Parts
- Vw Transmission For Sale
- Volkswagen Transmission Fluid Change
Pro Comp (VW Type 1 Swing or IRS) The Pro Comp transmission is built for any street, strip and off-road car that has a close 3rd and 4th. Whether you’re a weekend racer or just playing around in the sand, you can pick up a lot of reliability and piece of mind by including a performance transmission.
- We offer VW transmission parts for the VW Bug, Super Beetle, Karmann Ghia, Bus, Type 3 and Thing including transmission mounts and gasket kits.
- Whether your Volkswagen has an automatic or manual transmission it is important to keep up with maintenance. On automatic transmissions we recommend regular servicing. The most common automatic transmission service is a drain and fill where you simply drain the transmission fluid from the pan and replace the automatic transmission filter.
- This Volkswagen High Performance Swingaxle Transmission is a remanufactured unit designed for street performance. Features a 0.82 4th Gear for good fuel economy at highway cruising speeds.
- Volkswagen 09G Transmission Problems. As their owners will be well aware, certain models of the Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 have been known to have transmission problems. The transmission on these vehicles, the 09G automatic, often has problems with rough shifting into certain gears, making driving an uncomfortable—and often frightening—experience.
This Volkswagen High Performance Swingaxle Transmission is a remanufactured unit designed for street performance. Featuring a 3.88 ring & pinion for good fuel economy at highway cruising speeds.
Volkswagen Transmission Issues
This Mofoco designed “Freeway Flyer” Type 1 Swingaxle fits all VW Beetles up to 1968. It will also fits many dune buggies and Sandrails.
We have been rebuilding vw transmissions for over 30 years and every rebuilt vw transmission goes thru a rigorous process of cleaning, inspecting, rebuilding and testing to ensure that it will function properly for you upon installation.
All air cooled Volkswagen transmissions are road tested in an actual vehicle to check upshifts, downshifts, and reverse. All transmissions come with a One Year Parts Warranty. We also make it easy for you by having NO CORE REQUIRED; which means there is no hassle of sending us your old core or hidden extra expenses that are common with our competitors.
The Mofoco Freeway Flyer transmission is the VW transmission of choice for 1968 or older Beetle owners who love to cruise on the street and save fuel at the same time.
This transmission is Rebuilt off Original German Core Transmissions. This means the cases are 45-50 years old. They will not be cosmetically perfect and most likely will have some pitting. All transmission cases are bead blasted, inspected, and painted with heavy duty high temp rust protectant paint. If you are buying this transmission for a show car, I highly suggest spending the extra money if you are in need of a cosmetically perfect apperance. Otherwise the Original German Case will function perfectly for your driving needs.
All high performance transmission include only 1 heavy duty side cover because only 1 side is load bearing. If you wish to have an extra billet side cover for appearance, please check the option below.
Specifications of the Mofoco Freeway Flyer High Performance Swingaxle Transmission: Ford mustang manual transmission.
Volkswagen Transmission Parts
- Heavy duty aluminum billet side cover
- Super diff W/ 4 sypder gears
- Heavy duty shift forks
- “Freeway Flyer” 0.82 4th Gear–Made in the USA!!!
Vw Transmission For Sale
Gear Ratios of the Mofoco Freeway Flyer:
- 1st gear: 380
- 2nd gear: 206
- 3rd gear: 132
- 4th gear: 0.82
- Ring and pinion (final drive ratio): 4.12
Volkswagen Transmission Fluid Change
Please note that high performance means high performance on the street.. and this transmission is not designed for road or drag racing use.