- How To Clean Up Android Phone Storage Capacity
- How To Clean Up Android Phone Storage
- How To Clean Up Android Phone Storage Vs Internal Storage
- How To Clean Up Android Storage
The longer we use our phones, the faster these megabytes pile up and encroach on our device”s storage limits. Every once and a while, it becomes necessary to do a bit of digital spring cleaning. With these simple tips and tricks, you can free up plenty of space on your Android device, and keep your phone”s storage neat and tidy a bit longer. Tap your account profile photo or initial Photos settings Free up device storage. You”ll see how much space will be freed up. To delete all the items from your phone, tap Free up. Tap your account profile photo or initial Photos settings Free up device storage. You”ll see how much space will be freed up. To delete all the items from your phone, tap Free up.
|Why Storage Disappears So Fast?|
|How to Check Storage Condition on Android?|
|How to Free up Space on Android Phones?|
Android devices are fantastic for their ease of use and customization options, however eventually all your precious space is filled. We will look at ways to effectively free up Android phone storage. This problem is particularly acute for phones more than a year old; performance is impacted if the user does not release Android phone storage. We will look at ways to effectively free up Android phone storage.
Why Storage Disappears So Fast?
The storage is not a live creature that can run away itself, so check whether you match any of the following conditions:
Lots of pre-installed apps: some manufacturers are notorious for bloatware (e.g. Asus and Samsung), so their pre-installed apps, along with system-level Android OS, both take their toll immediately – literally right out of the box.
Install apps in built-in phone space: sometimes you didn”t notice that the app installation location was set as the built-in phone space not the SD card. The limited phone space is easier to be filled with apps.
Limited storage capacity: even though you can address limited internal storage (e.g. 16GB) with external storage, the low storage warning will also appear with the microSD card if you are a heavy multimedia user.
Phone trash accumulates: temp files, duplicates files, cache, and other unnecessary files are produced all the time. This is a natural by-product of apps, system files, and the OS itself. Over time, this is cumulative and can have a major impact on phone responsiveness if you do not clean the junk regularly.
How to Check Storage Condition on Android?
Before to start a storage release, we should figure out what takes the most space on our phone for solving this problem effectively.
1. Go to your phone main menu, and find out the “File” icon inside to tap in. Clearly you will see different options there – Category, Storage, and Cloud. Simply tap the “Storage“, your phone space using condition is clearly presented here.
Here you are allowed to view total space and available space on both phone and SD card. Also, simply tap the two locations individually, all the folders inside will show up for your checking.
2. Enter your Android “Settings” to look for the “Power and Storage” option. Tap to access it, the “Storage Space” is there showing the ROM and SD card available space. Tap the button, a circle graph presents you the space that each type of data takes up, for both phone and SD card as well.
How to Free up Space on Android Phones?
There are four ways to reclaim your storage:
1. Clean out junk items regularly
Always use a good mobile management app to clean/remove your phone junk. Examples of junk includes outdated cache, installation packages (APK), uninstalled app remnants, and app cache. This is an effective way to release Android phone space.
Note: Most Android phones already feature pre-installed management app, e.g. Huawei, Xiaomi, OPPO, Meizu, etc. If your phone doesn”t already have one, simply download one from the Play Store (for example, Tencent WeSecure)
For our example, we will use the OPPO FIND 7 built-in app.
• Launch your app of choice.
• Tap “Scan” to commence scanning – this will search for viruses, potential dangers, and junk items using up space.
• Once scanning finishes, the app will automatically delete the junk.
• Or enter the “File” menu to use the “Clearup” feature to clean the useless cache.
• Tap “End all” to wipe them out.
2. Expand external storage (if available)
Add a large capacity Micro SD card, the card storage better starts at 32GB.
3. Files transfer
If you don”t want spend money on a SD card, you can do like these to release plenty of space:
• Transfer large files like videos, images, and music to your computer.
• Alternatively, upload the big files to the cloud like Google Photos, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Flickr, etc. You can download the apps to backup your files and delete the copies on your phone or just upload on the website.
4. Uninstall rarely used apps
• Long press the app icon until a small “x” appears near the icon.
• Tap the “x” to commence uninstalling.
• Tap “Delete” to confirm app deletion.
An integrated workspace that’s simple to use, Google Workspace lets you spend less time managing your work and more time actually doing it. Smart suggestions to help you prioritize Address what’s. While all Workspace ONE UEM profiles manage device settings, Chrome OS profiles can apply at the device level or the enrollment-user level. Device Profiles – Apply to Chrome OS devices regardless of the user logged into the device. Device polices are applied through Smart Groups. Workspace chrome. Download the Citrix Workspace app for any device with a Windows, Mac, or Chrome operating system, and learn how to install the Citrix Workspace app in three easy steps. Download Workspace app for Chrome – Citrix. / Downloads / Citrix Workspace App / Workspace app for Chrome. Browse and install apps that integrate with and enhance Google Workspace, including Administrative Tools, CRM, Task Management, and much more.
On some Android phones, long press the app icon and drag it to the trashcan at the screen top instead.
• Enter the phone “Settings”.
How To Clean Up Android Phone Storage Capacity
• Enter “Application management”.
• Choose “Installed” category.
• Select the apps you rarely use and tap “Uninstall”.
• Tap “Uninstall” to confirm the selection.
Note: Following app deletion, use the phone management app to clean any residual files from the uninstallation process to free more space.
5. App transfer
Transfer pre-installed to the external SD card. (Only available to Android devices with external storage)
• Enter the phone “Settings”.
• Enter “Application management”.
• Choose the “Installed” or “All” category including the pre-installed apps.
• Select all the apps individually and tap “Move to user space” to transfer to the SD card.
• Use the phone management app to clean the trash.
If your Android device is more than 3 years old, we would strongly suggest changing to a more up-to-date device with more advanced features and storage. You”ve though about it as well? Then both OnePlus 3T and UMI Super are pretty good choices that not only sport large storage but also fast process speed – 6GB RAM+128GB storage and 4GB+32GB (256GB expansion). Therefore, you won”t be bothered by the storage limitation again. Want more affordable premium Android phone choices? You can have a look here on Gearbest.
Before I forget, there is currently a top phone brand sale at that with up to 68% off for a limited time only. Have a look before it”s too late! Hope this article does work for you 🙂
|You may also want to read:|
|Android Masterclass | Easy steps to fix frozen or dead Android phones|
|7 sure-fire ways to speed up your Android smartphone|
|Android / iOS Guide | 3 easy ways to save your mobile data|
Sometimes it’s really annoying that an “insufficient storage” message on your notification bar when you were trying to download some App or some music and video, besides, there are large amount of data usage in your internal memory displayed as “other”. If you are reading this article, it’s probably because that you’ve run into this situation on your device or it’s performing even worse. So how to clean up your Android device to release more space, before looking for a third-party app, why not trying with the Android system itself? The following steps may help.
Step 1. Manually clean the app’s cache.
A cache is basically a storage area where data or frequently used processes are saved for quicker access in the future. Many apps on our device are prone to download many images, text, flash, videos etc automatically, if don’t clean them regularly, before long, they will take up large space on your device. So by doing a cleaning of app’s cache you can save much memory of your device and this won’t do any harm or loss to your phone.
Kia crossover 2020 images. Discover how a sporty crossover SUV like the 2021 Kia Niro Hybrid can enhance your daily drives with its great MPG, luxurious interior & tons of advanced tech options! The 2020 Kia Niro EV crossover SUV provides comfort, versatility and innovation at a great price. Learn about its est. Mile range, powerful torque, charging options & more. The 2020 Kia Soul is the darling of this model year. A makeover gives the vehicle a new life along with the introduction of its X-Line trim level. It gives the SUV a sportier feel with a redesigned nose, lower headlights, bodyside cladding, and a slightly higher profile while still maintaining its iconic look.
- Go to the Settings Menu;
- Click on Apps;
- Find the All tab;
- Choose an app that is taking up a lot of space;
- Click the button Clear Cache.
If you’re running Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device, like my Huawei Android 6.0, simply click on Files and then Clean up. This only can clear your app’s cache, your app residual trash, unused app packages will also be detected and, on the advanced management of storage, you can check all your data usage exhaustively, and select certain contents to clean up.
Step 2. Application restore.
Especially, some gaming apps and messaging apps like WhatsApp may save much gaming data or chat record which takes up large space, and that’s what we usually see the “Others” when analyzing the storage. To clean up these data, of course, first you should make sure you no longer need them or already backed up them. Roblox blender. Then do the cleaning. Some Android version and device version supports restore applications, which could restore the apps to its origin without uninstalling them. Based on my Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
- Go to the Files Menu;
- Click on Clean up;
- Find the advanced management of storage tab after scanning process was done;
- Choose Application restore;
- Select the app which takes up large space to restore.
Note: I am warning you again, the process of restore will clean up all the app data, so before restoring the apps, you must need to make sure that you no longer need the data or already backed up them.
Step 3. Factory reset your device.
How To Clean Up Android Phone Storage
If the above steps still could not release your space, the ultimate method, just like the title, restoring your phone to factory settings like how they were the day it came out of the box. All your data such as contacts, call logs, photos, apps, phone settings won’t be there anymore. I recommend that if your phone has been used over one year and works very slowly, this option could basically give your phone a new life. Of course, do not forget to backup your phone before doing this.
- Go to Settings;
- Click on Backup and Reset;
- Make a backup in the Android system itself by using Drive;
- Factory Data Reset;
- Reset phone;
- You may have to put your PIN in again;
- Click on Reset phone or Erase Everything;
Other tips and tricks:
Backing up your data to cloud or use an external memory device such as a microSD card if your device supports also could help. Besides, remember to uninstall the apps you don’t really need, sometimes it may release large space than you expected. You can re-install it when you need it.
Of course, using a third-party app to put your phone in control is a good option as well. In this article, I recommend DiskUsage, which could help you identify which files are using up the most space on your phone visually after scanning your phone, of course it will also let you select which ones to delete to release the space. The other one is CCleaner, you may know this App as it is also the most popular application on the computer. It supports to scan all types of data saved on your device and list all the apps with the memory taken up, on the simple user interface, and then recommend what should be deleted after the analysis. Both Apps could be found in Google store.
Please kindly note that clean up your phone just a way to release the space, but doesn’t mean a performance enhance of your phone, including the factory resetting, it may enhance your Android phone’s performance temporarily, before long, it freezes again since the performance of most Android phone are related to their hardware, so don’t mistakenly believe some third-apps claim that they could give your device a better performance. If your phone is too old to perform well, it’s just the time to switch your phone.
How To Clean Up Android Phone Storage Vs Internal Storage
Recommendation： Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod without using iTunes
- Support to transfer, edit, backup, manage, view iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality and transfer to iPad/iPhone/iPod/Android.
- Massive free resources: videos, wallpapers, ringtones
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, etc.
Go to learn more>>
How To Clean Up Android Storage
You can follow Syncios onTwitter,Facebookfor more tips and tricks.